In honour of nourishing our mothers after birth, I invite you to attend a Mother Warming ritual at MamaBase on Friday 13th August. This is a personal 1-on-1 session with Chinese medicine practitioner, Keryn Hawker.
- Suitable for new mothers, 1-4 weeks after giving birth.
- Together with pulse and tongue analysis Keryn will share wisdom from Chinese medicine to assist your postpartum journey, and discuss the mother-warming ritual.
- Lie back and be deeply nourished, receive mother-warming moxibustion on the acupuncture channels of your pelvis and lower back.
- Take home a bag of Chinese medicine postpartum nourishing tea to build your Qi and Blood
Post-partum nourishment can help you to restore physical strength and emotional resilience and develop a stable internal centre as a foundation for years to come. Come and receive the wisdom and warmth of a mother-warming ritual as part of your postpartum care plan.
- Wait for at least 5 days after birth before applying mother-warming. Mother-warming is a strengthening and filling treatment and would work against the natural movements of externalising and letting go during the birthing process.
- Babies are welcome! If you have a support person to accompany you, they can look after your newborn in the same room or an adjacent room while you receive your treatment.
- As mother-warming uses heat, it is not suitable where infection is present.
- The mother-warming ritual does not involve acupuncture. A single point is offered to enhance relaxation, however if preferred the ritual can be done entirely without acupuncture.
Treatment: 45mins; Investment $120. Location: Mama Base, 391 Crown St, Wollongong
Book online here.
Evidence has shown that acupressure can be applied during labour to reduce the pain intensity and the need for pharmacological pain relief, as well as reducing the likelihood of needing a caesarean section. Join me in this workshop to learn the location and application of key acupoints to use during labour, and in the weeks leading up to birth….Find out More